Sign up for the Tribal Health and Adaptation Peer-Learning Roundtable!
Monthly advanced trainings (November 2022 – October 2023)
|For the last 6 years the Tribal Climate Health Project has been developing trainings to help Tribes begin to prepare, cope, build resilience to, and recover from the health and other impacts of climate change. With so much at risk, much more support is needed, especially for those Tribes that lack sufficient resources to conduct this work. At the same time, we recognize that some Tribes across the US are on their way, having identified their key climate vulnerabilities and begun implementing planned adaptation and resilience strategies. They are often forging ahead where there is no textbook and would benefit from special support, ideas, and lesson sharing with peers as they continue to blaze the trail.|
This advanced training from the Tribal Climate Health Project is for Tribal-serving practitioners, including environmental and health professionals, who have gained some level of transferable, real-world climate and health knowledge and experience through their work with Tribes. This training is open to Tribes and Tribal-serving professionals throughout the United States who work within the intersections of climate change, health, and community well-being.
This webinar series consists of 12 monthly 2-hour webinars that will further advance the knowledge, skills, and networks of Tribes that have already begun to adapt to climate change. The trainings will include step-by-step instruction (including emerging scientific findings), tools, and templates on advanced health adaptation topics, but will largely feature interactive discussions among participants and guest speakers. Participants will be invited to contribute to live conversations as well as to “wisdom wells,” designed in online sharing platforms (such as Mural) to easily share peer knowledge, advice, lessons learned, tips, templates, and resources on specific training topics. The wisdom wells will be made accessible to Tribal practitioners nationally at all stages in the adaptation planning process to help them avoid pitfalls and apply lessons learned to prepare more actionable health adaptation plans from the start.
Monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 10:00am-noon PT / 1:00-3:00pm ET
- November 17, 2022 – Webinar 1: Training and trainee introductions
- December 15, 2022 – Webinar 2: Approaches to scoping climate/health adaptation based on Tribe’s unique needs
- January 19, 2023 – Webinar 3: Lessons on conducting tribal vulnerability assessments that incorporate TEK, community input, and Western and Indigenous science
- February 16, 2023 – Webinar 4: Preparing dynamic and actionable adaptation plans that protect Tribal health and wellbeing
- March 16, 2023 – Webinar 5: Managing ongoing planning, decision-making, and progress tracking amongst Tribal departments and other stakeholders
- April 20, 2023 – Webinar 6: Coordinating climate adaptation and Tribal disaster and emergency management and public health
- May 18, 2023 – Webinar 7: Conducting advanced planning to prepare for adaptation project implementation
- June 15, 2023 – Webinar 8: Strategy Dive – Policy, Planning, and Land Use & Community Engagement Education and Notification
- July 20, 2023 – Webinar 9: Strategy Dive – Infrastructure Improvements & Information Technology
- August 17, 2023 – Webinar 10: Strategy Dive – Operations and Management & Intertribal/Interagency Collaborations
- September 21, 2023 – Webinar 11: Accessing and protecting cultural data and TEK for climate trend analysis and real time action
- October 19, 2023 – Webinar 12: Reporting and sharing successes with decision makers, stakeholders, and other Tribes