We are currently developing climate change and health curriculum and online training resources for tribal communities. As resources become available, we will add them to this section of the website.
AVAILABLE TRAINING MATERIALS
- Presentations at Conferences and Meetings
- Brief presentation on Tribal Climate and Health Adaptation at EPA Region 9 Annual Tribal Conference (November 2018)
- Workshop on Tribal Climate and Health Adaptation at the National Adaptation Forum (April 24, 2019)
- Brief presentation on Climate & Health Tools for Tribal and Frontline Communities at the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) 2019 Climate and Respiratory Health Summit (May 8, 2019)
- Workshop on Collaborative Climate Adaptation for Tribal Community Wellbeing at the National Tribal Public Health Summit (May 13, 2019)
- Presentation on Tribal Health Adaptation Capacity Building Resources at the Pacific Northwest Climate Change Network Call (May 15, 2019)
- Brief presentation on “Climate Changes Lives: Protecting Tribal Health and Wellbeing” at the New Mexico Tribal Public Health Emergency Preparedness Conference (May 22, 2019)
- Brief presentation on “National Tribal Climate Change and Health Adaptation Resources and Trainings” at the Tribes and First Nations Climate Summit in Spokane (July 30, 2019)
- Full Trainings
Tool – Exposures, Impacts, and Strategies Inventory (EISI) tool (Updated October 2, 2019 BETA VERSION). This is a draft of a customizable companion tool that can support communities that are conducting adaptation planning. Information and data sources are compiled and organized to present information needed at several decision-making steps to help your community prepare to take the most effective actions. We are continuing to build functionality and improve information. The latest update includes more indicators and data sources (national and California specific). Please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Template – Climate Vulnerability Experiences and Priorities Survey for gathering initial community input. If you have a Google account, you can use this link to create and save a copy of this template to customize for your tribe.
Sample Reports – Pala Band of Mission Indians Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Climate Change Adaptation Plan. These reports incorporate health impacts and strategies. This Word version allows others to modify for their own community.
Other Relevant Training Materials not Produced by the Tribal Climate Health Project
Tribal Resolution Template –ITEP’s Tribal Climate Change Resolution Template
Playlist – Check out Tribal Climate Health’s Youtube playlist of climate and health videos produced by other agencies