We are currently developing climate change and health curriculum and online training resources for tribal communities. As resources become available, we will add them to this section of the website.
AVAILABLE TRAINING MATERIALS
- Presentations at Conferences and Meetings
- Presentation on Tribal Climate and Health Adaptation at EPA Region 9 Annual Tribal Conference (November 2018)
- Workshop on Tribal Climate and Health Adaptation at the National Adaptation Forum (April 24, 2019)
- Presentation on Climate & Health Tools for Tribal and Frontline Communities at the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) 2019 Climate and Respiratory Health Summit (May 8, 2019)
- Workshop on Collaborative Climate Adaptation for Tribal Community Wellbeing at the National Tribal Public Health Summit (May 13, 2019)
- Presentation on Tribal Health Adaptation Capacity Building Resources at the Pacific Northwest Climate Change Network Call (May 15, 2019)
- Presentation on “Climate Changes Lives: Protecting Tribal Health and Wellbeing” at the New Mexico Tribal Public Health Emergency Preparedness Conference (May 22, 2019)
- Presentation on “National Tribal Climate Change and Health Adaptation Resources and Trainings” at the Tribes and First Nations Climate Summit in Spokane (July 30, 2019)
- Presentation on “Tribal and Health Adaptation: Tools and Resources for Efficient Fact-Finding” at the EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference in Phoenix, AZ (October 24, 2019)
- Presentations at the “Tribal Climate Change and Health Training” hosted by the South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center in Norman, OK (Dec 11-12, 2019).
- Webinar presentation on “Coping with Crisis: Building Psychosocial Resilience in the Face of Climate Change” hosted by the Southwest Climate Adaptation Science Center (July 29, 2020)
- Webinar presentation on “Coping with Crisis: Building Psychosocial Resilience in the Face of Climate Change” during the “Air, Health & Well-being panel at the National Tribal and Indigenous Climate Conference (NTICC) (September 17, 2020)
- Webinar presentation on “Energy, Adaptation, and Community Resilience Resources, Opportunities and BMPs for Tribal Communities” at the EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference (October 20, 2020)
- Webinar presentation on “Climate Vulnerability And Adaptation: Training With The Tribal Climate Health Project” at the EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference (October 21, 2020)
- Full Trainings
- Two-day Tribal Climate Change and Health Adaptation Workshop at Pala (June 5-6, 2019)
- Tribal Climate Change and Health Adaptation Webinar Series (10 webinars, August – December 2019) – recorded webinars available at the bottom of the page
- Tribal Climate & Health Adaptation Regional Cohort Training Series (8 webinars plus regional discussions, January – August 2020) – recorded webinars available at the bottom of the page
Adaptation Planning Tool – Exposures, Impacts, and Strategies Inventory (EISI) tool (Updated October 2, 2019 BETA VERSION). This is a draft of a customizable companion tool that can support communities that are conducting adaptation planning. Information and data sources are compiled and organized to present information needed at several decision-making steps to help your community prepare to take the most effective actions. We are continuing to build functionality and improve information. The latest update includes more indicators and data sources (national and California specific). Please send questions or comments to email@example.com.
Survey Template – Climate Vulnerability Experiences and Priorities Survey for gathering initial community input. If you have a Google account, you can use this link to create and save a copy of this template to customize for your tribe.
Sample Reports – Pala Band of Mission Indians Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Climate Change Adaptation Plan. These reports incorporate health impacts and strategies. This Word version allows others to modify for their own community.
Fact Sheets – Pala Band of Mission Indian produced the following fact sheets to help their community understand high-risk climate exposures and how to recognize and prepare for climate threats:
Other Relevant Training Materials not Produced by the Tribal Climate Health Project
Tribal Resolution Template –ITEP’s Tribal Climate Change Resolution Template
Playlist – Check out Tribal Climate Health’s Youtube playlist of climate and health videos produced by other agencies